Children's Gospel Finals 2010
BIG TALENT FOR JCDC CHILDREN’S GOSPEL FINALS
In what promises to be an entertaining evening of great gospel music performed by over two-hundred of the island’s most talented young voices, the Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC) will stage the 8th annual finals of the National Children’s Gospel Competition on Sunday, March 28.
Continuing a tradition of excellence, the Competition will see participants from schools, churches and other institutions across the island, ministering in the categories of solos, ensembles and choirs, under this year’s theme “From the Heart of Child”. Slated to commence at 6pm at the Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre in Kingston, performances are also expected from gospel group Martin’s Heritage and 2009 winners Rebecca Williams & Dwight Ferrari.
Other highlights include the use of a child emcee for the event, which will see 8 year old Jahzan McLaughlin, co-hosting the event along with Nationwide News Networks’ Markland Edwards. The programme will also feature a child preacher and a special gospel VIP autograph booth for patrons.
Back on board as major sponsors, Grace Tropical Rhythms Brand Manager, Nicholas Bramwell says “Grace is delighted to once again be associated with this positive family event that showcases the talent of our youth”.
Other sponsors include Excelsior, Tastee Cheese, Yummy, Love 101, TBC Radio, Power 106 and TVJ.
Tickets for the event are being sold at $600 for adults and $200 for children, with a special VIP ticket for $800. Special group rates are also available and tickets may be purchase at Sam Wisdom Music Store, Source of Life and Music Mart in Kingston.
Recent Press Releases
- March 22 - Deaf dancers to step out loudly at little theatre
- March 07 - Children’s gospel song elimination round continues
- March 06 - Jcdc hunts for foodies for 2017 culinary champs
- February 28 - Team clarendon is #teamexcellence
- February 21 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- February 20 - Gospel song 30th anniversary finalists chosen
- February 10 - Creative writing exhibition tours central jamaica
- February 08 - Jcdc children’s gospel song elimination round begins
- January 19 - Audition round begins for jamaica gospel song, as competition celebrates 30 years
- January 18 - January 27 deadline for jamaica visual arts competition
- January 11 - 2017 jcdc performing arts competition audition round begins
- November 25 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- November 25 - Creative writing exhibition tours western jamaica
- November 23 - Creative writers to participate in intensive workshops
- November 18 - Performing arts, festival song and gospel entries closing november 25
- November 04 - Gi joke and write like ‘maas ran’ competition closes nov. 11
- October 12 - Jcdc, jamaicans inspired uk to sign mou
- October 07 - National heritage week celebrations – "our heritage... our legacy... our strength"
- September 26 - Str888 edge classic dancers and unique rockerz nominated for international reggae award
- September 01 - entries now being accepted for 2017 jcdc competitions
- August 30 - Miss lou’s birthday to be celebrated with online party
- August 22 - Jamaica creative writing exhibition begins island-wide tour
- August 08 - Miss st. james is miss jamaica festival queen 2016
- August 05 - Dynamixx team are 2016 world reggae dance champions
- August 02 - Mello go roun’ set for august 3
- August 02 - Independence village reopens wednesday
- August 01 - Adjustments to 2016 emancipation and independence schedule
- July 30 - Grand gala tickets now available
- July 30 - Augus’ mawnin market returns to ‘independence village’
- July 29 - ‘independence village’ to be centerpiece of 2016 festival celebrations
- July 26 - Link up and labrish for jamaica 54
- July 25 - Pica, rgd among government agencies to offer services at independence village
- July 19 - Jcdc eastern region’s big stage grand finals to kick start independence celebration
- July 18 - Reggae dance finalists chosen, ready to rumble with int’l dancers • france and finland represented
- July 10 - “no weh like jamaica” is the festival song for 2016
- July 06 - Grand gala goes avant-garde! • designers encouraged to participate in high festival fashion runway segment
- July 05 - Festival song 50th anniversary grand final slated for july 9
- June 29 - Festival song 50th anniversary road tour does brawta leg