Festival Song Road Show -Port Antonio
The second in an exciting series of CLARO Jamaica Festival Song Road Parties which kicked off on June 19 continues this Saturday (June 26) at the Port Antonio Square in Portland. Last week, the ten finalists who are featured on the 2010 album “True Jamaican Patriot”, gave their debut performances before a filled Junction Square in St. Elizabeth and will continue their campaign for votes at the show this weekend.
Further road parties are also slated for Saturday, July 3 at the Water Square in Falmouth followed by the staging of the first ever Festival Song Race Day at Caymanas Park on Friday, July 10, also sponsored by CLARO.
At the launch of the 2010 competition held on June 17, the Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC), organizer of the Festival Song, announced that the 2010 winner will take home a one million dollar cash package courtesy of Claro and a brand new 2010 Nissan Tiida courtesy of Fidelity Motors Ltd; the richest prize package in the history of the competition.
Other corporate sponsors involved, include Real Vibes Party Wine, who will be providing party specials at the road parties, Excelsior, Ting, Capital and Credit Merchant Bank, the CHASE fund and the KSAC along with several media partners.
The 2010 staging of the Festival Song competition is poised to restore and revitalize a sense of patriotism and nationalism across the island. The winning song is also set to be used as the musical theme for the national independence celebrations schedule to kick off later this year.
Recent Press Releases
- March 22 - Deaf dancers to step out loudly at little theatre
- March 07 - Children’s gospel song elimination round continues
- March 06 - Jcdc hunts for foodies for 2017 culinary champs
- February 28 - Team clarendon is #teamexcellence
- February 21 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- February 20 - Gospel song 30th anniversary finalists chosen
- February 10 - Creative writing exhibition tours central jamaica
- February 08 - Jcdc children’s gospel song elimination round begins
- January 19 - Audition round begins for jamaica gospel song, as competition celebrates 30 years
- January 18 - January 27 deadline for jamaica visual arts competition
- January 11 - 2017 jcdc performing arts competition audition round begins
- November 25 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- November 25 - Creative writing exhibition tours western jamaica
- November 23 - Creative writers to participate in intensive workshops
- November 18 - Performing arts, festival song and gospel entries closing november 25
- November 04 - Gi joke and write like ‘maas ran’ competition closes nov. 11
- October 12 - Jcdc, jamaicans inspired uk to sign mou
- October 07 - National heritage week celebrations – "our heritage... our legacy... our strength"
- September 26 - Str888 edge classic dancers and unique rockerz nominated for international reggae award
- September 01 - entries now being accepted for 2017 jcdc competitions
- August 30 - Miss lou’s birthday to be celebrated with online party
- August 22 - Jamaica creative writing exhibition begins island-wide tour
- August 08 - Miss st. james is miss jamaica festival queen 2016
- August 05 - Dynamixx team are 2016 world reggae dance champions
- August 02 - Mello go roun’ set for august 3
- August 02 - Independence village reopens wednesday
- August 01 - Adjustments to 2016 emancipation and independence schedule
- July 30 - Grand gala tickets now available
- July 30 - Augus’ mawnin market returns to ‘independence village’
- July 29 - ‘independence village’ to be centerpiece of 2016 festival celebrations
- July 26 - Link up and labrish for jamaica 54
- July 25 - Pica, rgd among government agencies to offer services at independence village
- July 19 - Jcdc eastern region’s big stage grand finals to kick start independence celebration
- July 18 - Reggae dance finalists chosen, ready to rumble with int’l dancers • france and finland represented
- July 10 - “no weh like jamaica” is the festival song for 2016
- July 06 - Grand gala goes avant-garde! • designers encouraged to participate in high festival fashion runway segment
- July 05 - Festival song 50th anniversary grand final slated for july 9