Grand Gala 2010
You are invited to provide full media coverage for the Jamaica Independence Festival Grand Gala on Friday, August 6, 2010 at the National Stadium beginning at 5p.m. In celebration of Jamaica's 48th anniversary of Independence, the event will feature over 3000 performers, costumed groups and popular artistes in an exciting fast paced 3-hour show. Persons are asked to be seated by 4:30 p.m. Guidelines for coverage of Jamaica Independence Festival Grand Gala
All media personnel including technical crews will require a JCDC Press Pass along with a valid media ID to gain access to the Stadium.
All accredited personnel who will be required to work the in field (restricted to still photographers and television crews) must collect a special media bib from the JIS Head Office located at 58a Half Way Tree Road, Kingston on Friday, August 6 between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00pm.
Persons conducting outside broadcasts from the National Stadium are required to attend a dress rehearsal on Thursday, August 5, 2010 at 4 p.m. to begin establishing connectivity and identify a broadcasting space. Technical crews are expected establish setup by 10am on August 6, 2010.
CPTC will be providing the main television feed for all television stations. Free to air stations and cable stations will be allowed up to a maximum of 2 cameras.�
Only official media vehicles will be assigned parking passes. Parking will be provided in the assigned media parking zone.
Media personnel are asked to use the E10 gate to enter the stadium.
The JCDC will be providing media marshalls to provide assistance to media personnel covering the event. This team with be lead by Danielle Hopkins, JCDC Public Relations Coordinator (Tel: 371-3423/37602689) and Elaine Record , Public Relations Officer JIS (Tel: 926-3591-8/929-1919)
Recent Press Releases
- March 24 - Performing arts champs to begin march 30 • national finals begin in dance, speech, traditional folk forms, music and drama
- March 22 - Deaf dancers to step out loudly at little theatre
- March 07 - Children’s gospel song elimination round continues
- March 06 - Jcdc hunts for foodies for 2017 culinary champs
- February 28 - Team clarendon is #teamexcellence
- February 21 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- February 20 - Gospel song 30th anniversary finalists chosen
- February 10 - Creative writing exhibition tours central jamaica
- February 08 - Jcdc children’s gospel song elimination round begins
- January 19 - Audition round begins for jamaica gospel song, as competition celebrates 30 years
- January 18 - January 27 deadline for jamaica visual arts competition
- January 11 - 2017 jcdc performing arts competition audition round begins
- November 25 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- November 25 - Creative writing exhibition tours western jamaica
- November 23 - Creative writers to participate in intensive workshops
- November 18 - Performing arts, festival song and gospel entries closing november 25
- November 04 - Gi joke and write like ‘maas ran’ competition closes nov. 11
- October 12 - Jcdc, jamaicans inspired uk to sign mou
- October 07 - National heritage week celebrations – "our heritage... our legacy... our strength"
- September 26 - Str888 edge classic dancers and unique rockerz nominated for international reggae award
- September 01 - entries now being accepted for 2017 jcdc competitions
- August 30 - Miss lou’s birthday to be celebrated with online party
- August 22 - Jamaica creative writing exhibition begins island-wide tour
- August 08 - Miss st. james is miss jamaica festival queen 2016
- August 05 - Dynamixx team are 2016 world reggae dance champions
- August 02 - Mello go roun’ set for august 3
- August 02 - Independence village reopens wednesday
- August 01 - Adjustments to 2016 emancipation and independence schedule
- July 30 - Grand gala tickets now available
- July 30 - Augus’ mawnin market returns to ‘independence village’
- July 29 - ‘independence village’ to be centerpiece of 2016 festival celebrations
- July 26 - Link up and labrish for jamaica 54
- July 25 - Pica, rgd among government agencies to offer services at independence village
- July 19 - Jcdc eastern region’s big stage grand finals to kick start independence celebration
- July 18 - Reggae dance finalists chosen, ready to rumble with int’l dancers • france and finland represented
- July 10 - “no weh like jamaica” is the festival song for 2016