2010 Festival Song Road Show Party-1
The second in the series of exciting CLARO Jamaica Festival Song Road Parties under the theme “True Jamaican Patriot” will take place on Saturday, June 26 at the Port Antonio Square, Portland starting at 7:00p.m. The event will feature performances by the ten finalists, album and sponsors giveaways as well as special promotions by CLARO.
Activity begins on the ground at 4:00 p.m. with auditions for the 2010 World Reggae Dance Championship organized by the JCDC.
Admission is FREE.
More road shows will be staged as stated below:
• Saturday, July 3, 2010 – Water Square, Famouth, Trelawny – 7:00 p.m.
• Saturday, July 10, 2010 – CLARO Jamaica Festival Song Race Day – Caymanas Park, Portmore – 12 noon.
The finals will be held on Friday, July 16, 2010 at the Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre in Kingston.
Recent Press Releases
- March 22 - Deaf dancers to step out loudly at little theatre
- March 07 - Children’s gospel song elimination round continues
- March 06 - Jcdc hunts for foodies for 2017 culinary champs
- February 28 - Team clarendon is #teamexcellence
- February 21 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- February 20 - Gospel song 30th anniversary finalists chosen
- February 10 - Creative writing exhibition tours central jamaica
- February 08 - Jcdc children’s gospel song elimination round begins
- January 19 - Audition round begins for jamaica gospel song, as competition celebrates 30 years
- January 18 - January 27 deadline for jamaica visual arts competition
- January 11 - 2017 jcdc performing arts competition audition round begins
- November 25 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- November 25 - Creative writing exhibition tours western jamaica
- November 23 - Creative writers to participate in intensive workshops
- November 18 - Performing arts, festival song and gospel entries closing november 25
- November 04 - Gi joke and write like ‘maas ran’ competition closes nov. 11
- October 12 - Jcdc, jamaicans inspired uk to sign mou
- October 07 - National heritage week celebrations – "our heritage... our legacy... our strength"
- September 26 - Str888 edge classic dancers and unique rockerz nominated for international reggae award
- September 01 - entries now being accepted for 2017 jcdc competitions
- August 30 - Miss lou’s birthday to be celebrated with online party
- August 22 - Jamaica creative writing exhibition begins island-wide tour
- August 08 - Miss st. james is miss jamaica festival queen 2016
- August 05 - Dynamixx team are 2016 world reggae dance champions
- August 02 - Mello go roun’ set for august 3
- August 02 - Independence village reopens wednesday
- August 01 - Adjustments to 2016 emancipation and independence schedule
- July 30 - Grand gala tickets now available
- July 30 - Augus’ mawnin market returns to ‘independence village’
- July 29 - ‘independence village’ to be centerpiece of 2016 festival celebrations
- July 26 - Link up and labrish for jamaica 54
- July 25 - Pica, rgd among government agencies to offer services at independence village
- July 19 - Jcdc eastern region’s big stage grand finals to kick start independence celebration
- July 18 - Reggae dance finalists chosen, ready to rumble with int’l dancers • france and finland represented