Festival Song 2010 Finalist
The finals of the Claro Jamaica Festival Song Competition 2010 organized by the Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC) will take place on Friday, July 30 at the Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre in Kingston starting at 8:00 p.m.
The ten finalists in this years’ competition will be vying for the largest prize package in the history of the competition which includes over two million dollars in cash and a brand new Nissan Tiida courtesy of Fidelity Motors.
The event also features a special pre-party which begins at 7:00 pm featuring Swatch International.
The finalists will also be featured in a special lunch hour concert hosted by the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) also on July 30.
Admission for the finals for adults is $700 pre-sold, $800 at the gate with a special reserved ticket available for $1000, Children $300.
The 2010 competition is being stage under the theme “True Jamaican Patriot” and the winning song will be used as a musical backdrop for the 2010 National Independence celebrations.
Recent Press Releases
- March 24 - Performing arts champs to begin march 30 • national finals begin in dance, speech, traditional folk forms, music and drama
- March 22 - Deaf dancers to step out loudly at little theatre
- March 07 - Children’s gospel song elimination round continues
- March 06 - Jcdc hunts for foodies for 2017 culinary champs
- February 28 - Team clarendon is #teamexcellence
- February 21 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- February 20 - Gospel song 30th anniversary finalists chosen
- February 10 - Creative writing exhibition tours central jamaica
- February 08 - Jcdc children’s gospel song elimination round begins
- January 19 - Audition round begins for jamaica gospel song, as competition celebrates 30 years
- January 18 - January 27 deadline for jamaica visual arts competition
- January 11 - 2017 jcdc performing arts competition audition round begins
- November 25 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- November 25 - Creative writing exhibition tours western jamaica
- November 23 - Creative writers to participate in intensive workshops
- November 18 - Performing arts, festival song and gospel entries closing november 25
- November 04 - Gi joke and write like ‘maas ran’ competition closes nov. 11
- October 12 - Jcdc, jamaicans inspired uk to sign mou
- October 07 - National heritage week celebrations – "our heritage... our legacy... our strength"
- September 26 - Str888 edge classic dancers and unique rockerz nominated for international reggae award
- September 01 - entries now being accepted for 2017 jcdc competitions
- August 30 - Miss lou’s birthday to be celebrated with online party
- August 22 - Jamaica creative writing exhibition begins island-wide tour
- August 08 - Miss st. james is miss jamaica festival queen 2016
- August 05 - Dynamixx team are 2016 world reggae dance champions
- August 02 - Mello go roun’ set for august 3
- August 02 - Independence village reopens wednesday
- August 01 - Adjustments to 2016 emancipation and independence schedule
- July 30 - Grand gala tickets now available
- July 30 - Augus’ mawnin market returns to ‘independence village’
- July 29 - ‘independence village’ to be centerpiece of 2016 festival celebrations
- July 26 - Link up and labrish for jamaica 54
- July 25 - Pica, rgd among government agencies to offer services at independence village