Festival of Foods 2010, Kgn-1
The Jamaica Cultural Development Commission ( JCDC) will be staging the Eastern Regional Festival of Foods Regional Showcase, which was previously postponed, on Friday, June 18 at the Girls Guide Association of Jamaica, 2 Waterloo Avenue, Kingston 10 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Participants including students, amateur chefs and chefs in –training will compete across a wide variety of culinary categories including Mains Dishes, Desserts, Napkin Folding and Table Setting for medals, recognition and other prizes.
There will a mini concerts and an evening showcase featuring reggae artistes Gee Whiz, Bescenta and Khago as well as other local acts at 4:00 p.m. Other attractions include food displays, celebrity cook-offs and the exciting mystery basket competition at each location.
You are invited to provide full coverage.
Recent Press Releases
- March 24 - Performing arts champs to begin march 30 • national finals begin in dance, speech, traditional folk forms, music and drama
- March 22 - Deaf dancers to step out loudly at little theatre
- March 07 - Children’s gospel song elimination round continues
- March 06 - Jcdc hunts for foodies for 2017 culinary champs
- February 28 - Team clarendon is #teamexcellence
- February 21 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- February 20 - Gospel song 30th anniversary finalists chosen
- February 10 - Creative writing exhibition tours central jamaica
- February 08 - Jcdc children’s gospel song elimination round begins
- January 19 - Audition round begins for jamaica gospel song, as competition celebrates 30 years
- January 18 - January 27 deadline for jamaica visual arts competition
- January 11 - 2017 jcdc performing arts competition audition round begins
- November 25 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- November 25 - Creative writing exhibition tours western jamaica
- November 23 - Creative writers to participate in intensive workshops
- November 18 - Performing arts, festival song and gospel entries closing november 25
- November 04 - Gi joke and write like ‘maas ran’ competition closes nov. 11
- October 12 - Jcdc, jamaicans inspired uk to sign mou
- October 07 - National heritage week celebrations – "our heritage... our legacy... our strength"
- September 26 - Str888 edge classic dancers and unique rockerz nominated for international reggae award
- September 01 - entries now being accepted for 2017 jcdc competitions
- August 30 - Miss lou’s birthday to be celebrated with online party
- August 22 - Jamaica creative writing exhibition begins island-wide tour
- August 08 - Miss st. james is miss jamaica festival queen 2016
- August 05 - Dynamixx team are 2016 world reggae dance champions
- August 02 - Mello go roun’ set for august 3
- August 02 - Independence village reopens wednesday
- August 01 - Adjustments to 2016 emancipation and independence schedule