Festival of Foods 2010
The Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC) will kick off its annual Festival of Foods Regional Showcase on Friday, May 7 at the St. Mary Sports Club in Annotto Bay starting at 10:00 a.m.
Participants including students, amateur chefs and chefs in –training will compete across a wide variety of culinary categories including Mains Dishes, Desserts, Napkin Folding and Table Setting for medals, recognition and other prizes.
Each staging will feature daily mini concerts and an evening showcase featuring reggae artistes Gee Whiz, Bescenta and Khago as well as other local acts at 4:00 p.m. Other attractions include food displays, celebrity cook-offs and the exciting mystery basket competition at each location.
Other stagings are planned for the Kirkvine Sports Club in Manchester on Friday, May 14, Sean Lavery Faith Hall in Westmoreland on Thursday, May 20 and the Chinese Benevolent Association in Kingston on Friday, May 28.
You are invited to provide full coverage.
Recent Press Releases
- March 30 - Hunt still on for festival queen entrants from northern parishes • entries still open for miss trelawny, st. ann, st. mary and portland
- March 24 - Performing arts champs to begin march 30 • national finals begin in dance, speech, traditional folk forms, music and drama
- March 22 - Deaf dancers to step out loudly at little theatre
- March 07 - Children’s gospel song elimination round continues
- March 06 - Jcdc hunts for foodies for 2017 culinary champs
- February 28 - Team clarendon is #teamexcellence
- February 21 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- February 20 - Gospel song 30th anniversary finalists chosen
- February 10 - Creative writing exhibition tours central jamaica
- February 08 - Jcdc children’s gospel song elimination round begins
- January 19 - Audition round begins for jamaica gospel song, as competition celebrates 30 years
- January 18 - January 27 deadline for jamaica visual arts competition
- January 11 - 2017 jcdc performing arts competition audition round begins
- November 25 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- November 25 - Creative writing exhibition tours western jamaica
- November 23 - Creative writers to participate in intensive workshops
- November 18 - Performing arts, festival song and gospel entries closing november 25
- November 04 - Gi joke and write like ‘maas ran’ competition closes nov. 11
- October 12 - Jcdc, jamaicans inspired uk to sign mou
- October 07 - National heritage week celebrations – "our heritage... our legacy... our strength"
- September 26 - Str888 edge classic dancers and unique rockerz nominated for international reggae award
- September 01 - entries now being accepted for 2017 jcdc competitions
- August 30 - Miss lou’s birthday to be celebrated with online party
- August 22 - Jamaica creative writing exhibition begins island-wide tour
- August 08 - Miss st. james is miss jamaica festival queen 2016
- August 05 - Dynamixx team are 2016 world reggae dance champions
- August 02 - Mello go roun’ set for august 3