JCDC BAND WINNER TO PERFORM AT JAZZ AND BLUES
The Tension Invasion Band, winners of the 2009 JCDC National Popular Band Competition has been listed among line up for the 2010 Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival set for January 25-30. After dominating the finals held at the Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre in December, the band whose members range from age 10 to 17 copped the opportunity to perform on the new talent stage at the festival as part of their prize package.
“Turnkey Productions’ philosophy is the development of music and talent and with the JCDC being a leader in such development and there is an automatic synergy between us” says Turnkey Productions representative, Junior Taylor. “This will be the second year that we welcome the winners of the JCDC Popular Band Competition to perform at the festival”, he added.
“We are very proud of our victory in the competition and we are very excited to be performing for the international audience that will be present at Jazz and Blues” said band coach, Mark Gooden.
The band members, who have been performing together for a year now, originate from the Montego Bay Boys and Girls Club in St. James. They also copped the 2009 awards for ‘Most Outstanding Community Band’, ‘Most Outstanding Junior Band’ and ‘Most Outstanding Parish Band in St. James’.
Recent Press Releases
- March 30 - Hunt still on for festival queen entrants from northern parishes • entries still open for miss trelawny, st. ann, st. mary and portland
- March 24 - Performing arts champs to begin march 30 • national finals begin in dance, speech, traditional folk forms, music and drama
- March 22 - Deaf dancers to step out loudly at little theatre
- March 07 - Children’s gospel song elimination round continues
- March 06 - Jcdc hunts for foodies for 2017 culinary champs
- February 28 - Team clarendon is #teamexcellence
- February 21 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- February 20 - Gospel song 30th anniversary finalists chosen
- February 10 - Creative writing exhibition tours central jamaica
- February 08 - Jcdc children’s gospel song elimination round begins
- January 19 - Audition round begins for jamaica gospel song, as competition celebrates 30 years
- January 18 - January 27 deadline for jamaica visual arts competition
- January 11 - 2017 jcdc performing arts competition audition round begins
- November 25 - Jcdc empowers youth through culture
- November 25 - Creative writing exhibition tours western jamaica
- November 23 - Creative writers to participate in intensive workshops
- November 18 - Performing arts, festival song and gospel entries closing november 25